Set on a rocky bluff overlooking the Gulf of Oman, not far from Muscat, Al Husn is the flagship hotel of the magnificent Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa. This palatial hotel resembles a magnificent Arabian castle, its opulent design inspired by traditional Omani forts. Al Husn exudes luxury and will appeal to discerning travellers looking for an exclusive escape with the highest levels of personalised service and amenities. Although children can now stay in the hotel, it is more suited to couples.
All 180 stylish and sophisticated rooms and suites are sea-facing, and are exceptionally spacious. Each room features plush furnishings, Omani artworks and a stunning bathroom with sea views from the bathtub, as well as a balcony or terrace. All rooms come with the added luxury of butler service. The lavish one-bedroom Royal Suite offers the utmost luxury for those wanting a truly indulgent experience.
Al Husn offers a superb choice of gourmet dining options with five out of 21 restaurants and bars situated within the hotel. Enjoy authentic Moroccan cuisine with live entertainment, international fine dining, a private beach bar with stunning views across the bay, and sumptuous afternoon tea served on the terrace.
Relax by the stunning infinity pool or on the hotel’s private beach, or be pampered at the CHI spa – the Journey of Arabia signature treatment is a must. You can also enjoy all the other facilities at Al Waha and Al Bandar. There are a wide variety of land and water sports on offer including tennis, volleyball, sailing or windsurfing, as well as diving and snorkelling.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Al Husn Hotel Information
- Location:Beachfront, Muscat. 40 minute drive from Muscat International Airport.
- Accommodation:180 rooms and suites.
- Activities:Pilates, personal trainer, yoga, watersports, tennis, volleyball, sailing, windsurfing, diving, snorkelling.
- Facilities:Infinity pool, fitness centre, CHI spa, private beach, tennis courts, 8 restaurants, jacuzzi.
- Weather:From October to May it is good weather and dry. From June to September extreme temperatures and 90% humidity.
- Children:Although children can now stay, it is more suited to couples.