Located in the Barossa Valley, an easy one hour drive from Adelaide Seppeltsfield Vineyard Cottage is a meticulously restored 1860s German settler’s cottage.
Surrounded by extensive lawns, gardens and vineyard the cottage is for exclusive use by just one couple. Your hosts Sharyn and Peter live near the cottage and are able provide a high degree of service in a welcoming and friendly atmostphere.
It has been wonderfully rennovated to preserve heritage features such as the original wood beamed mud ceiling which seamlessly combines with modern luxuries including a BOSE entertainment system and iPod Docking station, espresso coffee machine, high speed wireless internet access and underfloor heating.
The bedroom is simply and classically decorated with a king size iron bed, step down into the large bathroom which offers a double shower and 100 year old original cast iron bath, with vineyard views through French doors. During your stay at Seppeltsfield Vineyard Cottage gourmet breakfast provisions are provided for you to prepare in your own ‘home away from home’ kitchen and a bottle of wine from the surrounding vines.
The cottage is located at the western end of Seppeltsfield Road, one of the most beautiful and historic parts of the Barossa Valley. Along the palm lined road experience wonderful scenery, prestigious cellar doors and exciting food experiences. Also included on your stay is a 5 minute Heritage Tour & wine tasting at Seppeltsfield Winery and a 30 minute guided walk around the Cottage’s own vineyard (free) OR a 2 hour tour of the vineyard and cellar with wine tasting (fee applies). Lastly, be sure to pop into – Seppeltsfield Winery, Maggie Beer’s Farmshop and Two Hands Winery.
Seppeltsfield Vineyard Cottage Information
- Location: Barossa Valley, 1 hour drive from the Adelaide airport
- Accommodation: Cottage (Sleeps 2)
- Activities: Daily Heritage Tour of nearby historic Seppeltsfield Winery, explore and visit various restaurants and shops along Seppeltsfield Road, Barossa Valley tours
- Facilities: LCD TV with entertainment system, Bose CD/radio & iPod Dock, DVDs, CDs, books, scrabble, current magazines, wifi, alfresco dining area including BBQ and outdoor kitchenette
- Weather: The climate is generally dry and sunny year round. Over the summer months from December to February/March it can get very hot during the days and quite warm in the evenings. In winter months from June to August the days are warm and nights are cold, often dropping below 0°C.
- Children: Not child-friendly. One child is suitable to sleep in a portable cot located in the parents room may be accommodated at the Cottage Owner’s discretion. The Cottage is not childproof and carpets and linen furnishings provided for adult couple comfort may make it difficult for even the most diligent parents to manage a toddler in this environment.