A short walk from Cape Town’s fashionable Camps Bay beach, Sea Five is a self-styled ‘beach house with a difference’. Appealing to those who enjoy the atmosphere of an exclusive boutique B&B, but appreciate the additional comforts and services of a hotel, Sea Five has just seven rooms and suites, spread over three floors.
Each room has been individually created by one of South Africa’s top interior designers, Francois du Plessis, who has used a fusion of Mediterranean and Southern African styles and colours to extremely effective, and relaxing, effect.
The Garden Rooms and the Mountain and Ocean Suites all have private outdoor space and loungers, either in the garden or on a terrace. The huge Penthouse Master Suite occupies the entire top floor, has two bedrooms and four terraces, and 360° views across Camps Bay and the mountains.
Being small, Sea Five prides itself on its attention to detail, in terms of creature comforts and service. For example, there is no charge for your minibar, which is restocked as required throughout your stay.
Homemade breakfasts and light lunches can be taken alongside the pool, as can sunset cocktails from the hotel’s bar. Sea Five’s fragrant gardens are a delight too, and the ideal location for the complementary afternoon tea. In the evening, stroll the short distance to Camps Bay and choose from the many restaurants on offer.
Due to its size and style, the hotel is best suited to adults and older children (8 years +), who can be comfortably accommodated in either the second bedroom of the Penthouse Suite or on a sofabed in a Mountain Suite.
Ask the unobtrusive staff if you’d like a massage or a yoga session on your private terrace, and contact the concierge for help with reservations and advice on making the most of your time in Cape Town.
Sea Five Information
- Location: Camp’s Bay, 30-minutes to Cape Town International Airport.
- Accomodation: 7 rooms (Sleeps 19).
- Facilities: Pool, bar, concierge service, satellite TV.
- Activities: Table mountain, Cape Point, beaches, nightclubs, resturants in Camp’s Bay.
- Weather: The best months are from September to April when it is hot, sunny and dry. The months of May to August tend to have greater rainfall and lower temperatures.
- Children: Best suited to older children (8 years and above).