Owned and managed by the Gambardella family for over four generations, the Hotel Santa Caterina occupies a late 19th century villa sitting high on the cliffs looking out over the Amalfi Coast.
The hotel is a few minutes from the town of Amalfi. True to this style of property, the interiors are light and bright, with curved windows and archways, hand-painted ceramic tiles and classic Mediterranean architecture.
Of the 66 rooms in the Santa Caterina, just over half are in the main building, with suites dotted around the gardens and further rooms in two separate villas in the grounds.
Guests at the Hotel Santa Caterina have two choices for meals; either the gourmet Mediterranean cuisine of the main restaurant, or the likes of fresh grilled fish and pizzas at Restaurant Al Mare, perched on a terrace above the hotel’s private beach.
Bar La Terrazza has panoramic Amalfi views and serves canapés alongside cocktails and liqueurs.
Sun loungers at the heated saltwater pool perch on the edge of the cliff looking out over the Bay of Salerno, as do tables at the beach bar. Lush citrus groves and bougainvillea-filled terraced gardens drop down to the coast and you can choose to follow the winding paths down, or take one of two lifts cut into the cliffs.
Santa Caterina Information
- Location: Amalfi, 75 min drive from Naples International Airport.
- Accomodation: 66 Rooms and suites.
- Facilities: Wellness Center, 2 Restaurants, Bar, Wine Cellar.
- Activities: Beach Club, Boutique, Gym.
- Weather: Summers are usually in the 30-40°C range. In the winter it can get a bit chilly averaging around 10°C. Spring and early autumn have the best weather with mild but still warm temperatures. From December to March, you can expect plenty of rain.
- Children: Welcome.