Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Situated on a magnificent private reserve on the Bay of Islands, three hours from Auckland, on the east coast of New Zealand’s North Island, The Sanctuary @ Bay of Islands is an enchanting luxury boutique offering breathtaking views across the bay. The décor is elegant and understated and rooms are filled with artwork and artifacts.
This idyllic hideaway will appeal to couples seeking a serene and relaxing escape. The property welcomes children over 12 years old. Conveniently located, it makes an ideal base from which to explore the area.
The Sanctuary @ Bay of Islands is custom-built, incorporating the use of native timbers, and has been designed to make the most of the stunning surroundings. Dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows, a vast open plan lounge and extensive decks provide panoramic views across the Veronica Channel.
Four spacious and elegantly appointed rooms are situated on the lower floor of the two-storey lodge. Each room features a king-size bed, a luxurious bathroom, under floor heating, a decent-sized balcony and all-modern amenities.
The Sanctuary @ Bay of Islands offers an array of new culinary experiences and serves up wholesome and hearty dishes prepared using fresh, local produce.
There is an array of activities on offer to suit all tastes on and off the property. Explore historic sights including Stone Store, Kemp House and Cape Reinga; experience the thrill of game fishing; go snorkelling or scuba-diving; spot whales and dolphins from the beach; discover natural wonders such as the Rainbow Falls; or follow the Northland Wine Trail. Back at the lodge takes a yoga class, enjoy a massage, relax in the plunge pool as you admire the views or simply enjoy a glass of wine in front of the fire.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Bay of Islands into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
The Sanctuary @ Bay of Islands Information
- Location: 3 hour drive from Auckland Airport
- Accommodation: 4 Rooms
- Activities: Explore historic sites including Stone Store, Kemp House and Cape Reinga; experience the thrill of game fishing; go snorkelling or scuba-diving; spot whales and dolphins from the beach; discover natural wonders such as the Rainbow Falls; follow the Northland Wine Trail
- Facilities: Restaurant, bar, yoga classes, spa, massage, pool, fireplace
- Weather: Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August
- Children: Only children over the age of 12
- Price Guide: From USD 390 for 1 night in a room, for two pax