Lake Baringo, Kenya
The best things come in small packages, Samatian Island Lodge is no exception.
Set on a small private island on Lake Baringo in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley, the exclusive lodge offers breath-taking views across the lake to the imposing backdrop of the Laikipia Escarpment.
The beauty of Lake Baringo is legendary, with its spectacular sunsets, dazzling array of bird life, and local Njemps fishermen continuing a lifestyle that has been attuned to the environment for over 200 years.
With only five cottages sleeping up to a total of 12 guests, the rooms are wonderfully spacious and baost their own unique theme. A family chalet is available with a double and twin bedroom, and an open lounge to star-gaze together.
The dining and homely living areas are situated next to the large infinity pool, offering panoramic views of the lake with its backdrop of rugged hills of Kenya’s arid Northern Frontier District.
Samatian Island Information
- Location: Lake Baringo, Great Rift Valley, Kenya
- Accommodation: 5 open-plan thatched cottages including a two-bedroom family cottage
- Activities: Fishing, wake-boarding, canoeing, Pokot and Njemp Cultural Visits, Picnics, Community Involvement Opportunities, Scenic Flights to the northern Rift – Cradle of Mankind, Bird watching
- Facilities: Infinity swimming pool, dining and lounge area
- Weather: Open all year round, May – October is wetter
- Children: All ages welcome