West Coast, Australia
Eco luxury as you’ve never seen it before – Sal Salis brings the concept of ‘Wild Bush Luxury’ to the stunning and remote Western Australia coast.
Located on the North West Cape, Sal Salis is an hour’s drive (70 kms) south of Exmouth, in the Cape Range National Park. The tents are situated just 50 metres back from the beach amongst the low lying coastal dunes. Two kilometres behind the camp lies the limestone range of the Cape Range National Park, dissected by spectacular gorges.
This luxury wilderness camp is the only way to see this beautiful part of the world and even though it is in such a remote spot, you still have more than enough creature comforts; each tent is appointed with fine furnishings and linen and the dining room serves the best and freshest Australian produce, beautifully prepared by the resident chef and accompanied by fine wines.
The in-camp experience embodies laid-back luxury, and is designed to underpin the extraordinary nature-based activities that can be undertaken in the area. Activities include swimming in the amazingly turquoise sea and snorkelling amongst the brightly coloured reefs, spotting the abundance of wildlife in and around the camp and stargazing in the clearest skies you will ever see.
Sal Salis Information
- Accommodation: 9 luxury wilderness tents.
- Location: Cape Range National Park, Ningaloo Reef, 1.45-hour flight from Perth.
- Facilities: Delicious food and wine and unforgettable hosting.
- Activities: Fishing, swimming with whale sharks, sea kayaking, snorkelling, gorge walks and boat cruising on Yardie Creek.
- Weather: Hot between October and March but mainly good all year round. Whale shark season is between April and June.
- Children: Children over 5 years old welcome. There are family tents which can accommodate an additional ‘swag” for children.