Jabal Akhdar, Oman
Overlooking a magnificent canyon, high up on Jabal Akhdar in the Nizwa region of Oman, Sahab Hotel is a unique and tranquil, luxury hotel offering breath-taking views of the spectacular landscape. It provides the perfect base for exploring Nizwa and Jabal Akhdar and will appeal to those looking for an intimate and unforgettable escape.
Built from local stone and set in unusual gardens filled with native plants and marine fossils, this charming, boutique-style hotel has been designed to blend in with the mountainous landscape.
With only 27 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Sahab Hotel feels exclusive. Each room features contemporary Omani décor, a king-size bed and modern comforts, as well as a patio or terrace. The spacious two-bedroom Family Apartments are ideal for families.
The restaurant at Sahab Hotel offers an intimate and tranquil dining experience with a delicious menu of international and local cuisine. Dining alfresco under the stars is magical. You can also enjoy a variety of snacks poolside.
There are plenty of exciting activities and excursions to keep you busy, including rock-climbing, donkey-trekking and caving. You can also try your hand at goat herding and farming. After a tiring day sightseeing, relax by the inviting infinity pool and enjoy the spectacular views or sip a cocktail in the lounge as you watch the magnificent sunset. Stargazing is a must.
Sahab Hotel Information
- Location:Central section of the Al Hajar mountain range, a 2 hour drive from Muscat International Airport.
- Accommodation:27 rooms and suites.
- Facilities:Restaurant and lounge, swimming pool, cafe.
- Activities:Trekking in the Al Hajar mountains, nature walks, farming, goat herding, caving, star gazing, cooking school and food trails.
- Weather:October to May is the best time to go, with humidity and rainfall higher from June to September.