Northern Laikipia Plateau, Kenya
Sabuk Lodge is a family friendly haven perched on the edge of the Laikipia plateau offering an array of safari based activities as well the opportunity to immerse yourself in the community aspect of the area.
This luxury lodge comprises of 8 en-suite luxury cottages built out of stone and thatch, with open sides giving panoramic views below as well as a spacious veranda with stunning views across the valley. The Eagle cottage is an ideal family unit, with 2 fantastic en-suite cottages and its own exclusive ‘mess’ and plunge pool as well as a dedicated team of staff. The rooms remain open to the elements and some of the cottages have magical “under the big sky” beds which allow you to literally sleep under the stars.
Other than the traditional game drives there are plenty of opportunities to head out on foot, accompanied by a Samburu guide. Sabuk is also the base for full walking and camel safaris but if you are looking for a slightly more sedentary stay, you can always relax at the lodge’s stunning infinity pool (which has some of the best views from a swimming pool ever seen) or try your hand at some fishing.
Sabuk Lodge Information
- Location: Edge of the Northern Laikipia Plateau. A 1.5-hour flight from Wilson Domestic Airport, followed by a light aircraft flight to Loisaba airstrip. It is then a 1-hour scenic drive to the lodge.
- Accomodation: 8 cottages including 2 family cottages.
- Facilities: Cliff top infinity pool.
- Activities: Guided nature walks, game drives, camel safaris, fly camping, bush breakfasts & picnic lunches on river banks, hilltop sun downers, line fishing, river swimming, tubing the rapids, horse riding.
- Weather: Peak season is during the months of January and February and July – September. Short rains occur in November.
- Children: Welcome and activities can be tailored to suit the different ages.