Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve
This award-winning luxury game lodge lies on the banks of the Msuthlu River on the border of the Kruger National Park, in South Africa, a one hour 30 minute-flight from Johannesburg. Sabi Sabi Selati Camp combines the splendour of a bygone era with modern comforts, its design inspired by the old railway days in colonial times. It is in prime game viewing territory, in an area renowned for its cat population.
Offering impeccable service and a homely atmosphere, this elegant and refined lodge will appeal to travellers seeking a romantic and intimate ‘Out of Africa’ safari experience. Children under 13 can only be accommodated if the lodge is booked on an exclusive basis.
Sabi Sabi Selati Camp provides eight lavish, thatched suites nestled in the bush. Each cottage features opulent, colonial-style décor, a luxurious en-suite bathroom and an outdoor shower. For those wishing to indulge, the Ivory Presidential Suite is magnificent. It features antique furniture, a four-poster bed and a private plunge pool. It also comes with a private vehicle.
Enjoy the finest safari cuisine served on wooden decks overlooking the riverbed, under the stars in the open air “boma” or around the communal dining table in the kitchen.
The lodge offers an array of thrilling adventures. Head out on early morning or evening game drives in open vehicles for the chance to spot the Big Five; go on a guided nature walk; relax on your deck as you watch wildlife passing by; or cool off in the pool.
Sabi Sabi Selati Camp Information
- Location: Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, 5 hour drive from Johannesburg
- Accomodation: 8 luxury suites
- Facilities: Bar, lounge, internet access, main swimming pool, spa, boma
- Activities: Game drives, walking safaris and trails, wildlife photography, specialist birding safaris, cultural tours, helicopter flights
- Weather: All year round, rainy season from December to February. May to August is peak safari season; land is dry and animals congregate around water sources.
- Children: Welcome
- Price guide:From USD 791 per person per night in a suite.