Southern Lakes, New Zealand
Situated in 500 acres of private land in the heart of New Zealand’s Southern Alps, close to Wanaka and Queenstown this luxury boutique-style lodge offers superb service, warm hospitality and sublime views. Riverrun Lodge is built almost entirely from reclaimed timber giving it a warm and cosy feel. It will appeal to travellers looking for a tranquil and memorable escape in a magnificent setting.
The lodge offers five charming and tastefully designed rooms, which feature handcrafted furniture, spacious bathrooms and all-modern amenities, as well as verandahs with hot tubs overlooking mountains.
Enjoy lavish breakfasts and light appetisers served early evening. Dinner, which can be arranged on request, features a superb menu of regional delights accompanied with fine local wines. There are plenty of additional restaurants in Wanaka itself.
Superbly located to explore the region, there are plenty of adventures to be had year-round. Skiing and heli-skiing, hiking, biking and kayaking are just some of them. You can also explore the idyllic town of Wanaka or play golf. Relax after a tiring day in front of the roaring log fire or soak in your hot tub with a glass of wine.
Riverrun Lodge Information
- Location:Wanaka. Queenstown is 1hr 30mins drive, Christchurch is 5hr 30mins drive.
- Accommodation:Five ensuite rooms.
- Facilities:Lobby, restaurant, hot tubs, verandahs, log fires.
- Activities:Mountain biking, scenic flights, heli-hikes, kayaking, whitewater rafting, climing the glacier, skiing, golf, city exploration.
- Weather:Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August.
- Children:Welcome, no specific facilities.