Occupying a 19th century house that once belonged to famous Moroccan judge and philosopher, Riad Maison Bleue, sister property to La Maison Bleue, is an elegant hotel in Morocco that combines traditional Moroccan influences with modern luxury. This charming property consists of three houses connected by walkways and corridors, creating a romantic and intimate ambience.
Renovated from ruins, Riad Maison Bleue has a main courtyard with a swimming pool and tranquil gardens. Three roof terraces offer spectacular views of the Medina.
18 individually styled and comfortable rooms and suites are scattered throughout the property. Some suites are located off the main courtyard. Larger groups can rent the entire five-bedroom Pavilion de l’Astrolabe.
The cuisine at Riad Maison Bleue is a delectable mix of traditional Moroccan and international dishes. During the warmer months meals are served on the terraces, and in the winter the covered courtyard restaurant provides a cosy setting for romantic dinners. The hotel has its own cookery school, a must for culinary enthusiasts.
The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring the Medina. It’s worth taking a guided visit around souks and historical attractions. Excursions further afield include visiting the cave homes of Bahlil, heading to the imperial city of Meknes or taking a trip to the ancient Roman city of Volubilis.
After a tiring day, relax on one of the roof terraces, unwind in the hammam or laze by the pool. In the evening enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the hip and exclusive Blue Lounge.
Riad Maison Bleue Information
- Accommodation:18 spacious rooms and suites.
- Location:3 and a half hour drive from Mohammed V International Airport. Located in the centre of Fez.
- Facilities:Restaurants and bars, hamman spa,swimming pool, panoramic terraces.
- Activities:Cooking classes, beauty treatments, golf, cultural tours.
- Weather:April – June is the best time to go, as well as September and October. July and August are very hot (can be over 100 degrees!) and from November to February there is a high chance of rain.
- Children:Children welcome but no specific activities.