One of an elite group of seven luxury hotels worldwide operated by Regent Hotels & Resorts, the Regent Berlin is one of the city’s most opulent places in which to stay.
The hotel has a superb location in the historic district of Mitte, surrounded by Berlin’s best museums and theatres, and just off Gendarmenmarkt Square, generally considered to be the city’s most beautiful. City highlights including the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and the Opera House are all within easy walking distance, and the tree-lined Unter den Linden is minutes away.
The Regent Berlin has 156 bedrooms and 39 suites, featuring antiques and chandeliers alongside cutting-edge amenities. The entry-level Superior rooms are the same size as the Deluxe, the only difference being that the latter are on higher floors, so have wider views across Berlin.
The hotel’s Fischers Fritz restaurant has held two Michelin stars for six years and is considered to be the top venue in Berlin for seafood and fish. The Tea & Lobby Lounge is very cosy and colonial in feel, while the Regent Berlin Bar is all leather chairs, candlelight and low conversation over a cocktail, a cognac, or perhaps an à la carte Martini from the trolley.
The Regent Health Club, incorporating the hotel’s spa, has top-of-the-range facilities for exercise and for relaxation.
Regent Berlin Information
- Location: Berlin, about 20 minutes drive from Berlin-Tegel Airport
- Accommodation: 156 Rooms and 39 suites
- Facilities: 2 michelin starred-restaurants, bar, summer lounge, gym, spa and meeting rooms.
- Activities: Discover the German Capital, take a walking or cycling tour to the Schloss Charlottenburg, visit Checkpoint Charlie and museums such as Pergamon Museum, the Jewish Museum, the Deutsches Museum, the Guggenheim and the Hamburger Bahnhof or catch some operas or concerts at 3 major opera house in Berlin. Have a panoramic view of the city at the TV tower.
- Weather: Berlin has a continental climate, which is distinguished by large seasonal temperature fluctuations. In summer the temperature can reach over 30 degrees. However, temperatures largely range between a pleasant 15 degrees and 25 degrees from May to September. In winter temperatures of minus ten degrees or lower are not unusual. From experience temperatures are usually around freezing. But long frost periods with snow and ice are not unusual. Precipitation is evenly distributed throughout the year.
- Children: Welcome.