Wadduwa, Sri Lanka
Located in the small, unspoiled seaside hamlet of Wadduwa along the southwest coast of Sri Lanka, Reef Villa and Spa is the ultimate tropical beach villa.
It features seven luxurious suites, set in three acres of exotic tropical gardens with palm fringed pavilions, reflection pools, and the shimmering Indian Ocean as a dramatic backdrop. The suites are immense and feature antique, four-poster, canopied beds and high ceilings lined with Kerala terracotta tiles. The furniture is a combination of original antique pieces and beautiful items modelled on furniture used by members of the East India Company.
With water sports, yoga classes and even a jogging track, you’ll rarely find yourself at a loss for things to do. But if long, lazy days are what you’re looking for then there are plenty of places to just hide away from the world and curl up with a good book.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“The wonderful staff really go the extra mile to make your stay memorable.”
Reef Villa and Spa Information
- Location: 40-minute drive from Colombo, 1.5-2 hour drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accommodation: 7 luxurious suites.
- Facilities: Swimming pool, private Refresh Spa, Wi-Fi in rooms, yoga tuition (on request), tennis courts, table-tennis pavilions, board games.
- Activities: Beach, water sports, cycling, heritage excursions to temples, castles and nature areas such as Sinharaja Forest and Madu Ganga.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.