Cape Town, South Africa
In the heart of Cape Town’s Victoria & Albert Waterfront, this five star boutique hotel is part of the Newmark Hotels group. The Queen Victoria hotel has 35 rooms, of which three are suites, and an ideal location within a cluster of heritage buildings just a block or two away from the centre of the harbour itself.
The Queen Victoria Hotel has a sophisticated yet contemporary feel, with all the reliable facilities and opulence of a larger five star hotel, yet a memorably individual setting and vibe. For instance, a cameo portrait of the eponymous British monarch appears on the hotel’s customised wallpaper, and its restaurant is named after her adored King Charles spaniel.
The suites have panoramic views of either Table Mountain or Cape Town’s harbour, while the Presidential Suite has its own wrap-around balcony overlooking both.
The hotel’s Dash Restaurant & Bar prides itself on its sophisticated fine dining, and although Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront is renowned for its wide array of restaurants, we certainly recommend making at least one reservation here during your stay.
Guests at The Queen Victoria are invited to use the swimming pool, gardens and spa at the neighbouring Dock House Boutique Hotel & Spa, part of the same group, as well as the OYO Restaurant & Cocktail Bar at the nearby Victoria & Alfred Hotel.
Secure parking and a full concierge service are also available, making this the ideal base from which to enjoy the countless activities and excursions on offer throughout Cape Town and beyond.
Queen Victoria Hotel Information
- Location: Portswood road, V&A Waterfront, 21-minute drive from Cape Town International Airport.
- Accomodation: 3 suites, 2 Classic rooms, 13 Deluxe rooms, 17 Premium rooms, 1 luxury room.
- Facilities: Flat-screen TV, wifi, designer spa, treatment rooms, gym, pool, laundry, valet services.
- Activities: Tennis, hiking, horseriding, squash, excursions to townships/Robben Island/Table Mountain/Cape Peninsula/winelands/Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, museums, beaches, boat cruises.
- Weather: The best months are from September to April when it is hot, sunny and dry. The months of May to August tend to have greater rainfall and lower temperatures.
- Children: Welcome, babysitting services available.