Hamilton Island, Australia
Qualia is a unique Australian example of world-class luxury, situated at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef on the northern-most tip of Hamilton Island. Unravel in exquisitely appointed pavilions that sit in harmony with the natural beauty of the Great Barrier Reef.
This world-class resort immerses you in a tranquil atmosphere, offering personalised and intuitive service. Qualia’s sun-drenched shores provides the ideal location to appreciate the passing beauty of each day, with a choice of 60 individual pavilions, some incorporating private plunge pools. Each of the pavilions face the water and are surrounded by tropical bushland with uninterrupted views over the sea. Natural tones of timber, stone and glass reflect the serenity of Qualia’s Whitsunday locale. The uncompromising luxury and privacy of the Beach House is not to be missed for those looking for that extra special escape.
Qualia’s two exclusive restaurants, Pebble Beach and the Long Pavilion, provide the ideal stage upon which the Executive Chef delivers exceptional culinary talents. Feast yourself on exceptional fresh produce and delicious seafood. The Japanese tasting menu of the finest sake with fresh Australian sashimi grade fish is an experience not to be missed.
Qualia is a water sport haven. Enjoy complimentary kayaks, paddle boards, snorkelling and hobie cats to explore the natural beauty of the island. Whilst onboard Qualia’s 45ft luxury cruiser Atomic, enjoy cruising to some of the Whitsunday Islands, fringing with coral reefs, relax over a gourmet lunch and while away the afternoon snorkelling through the waters teeming with exotic and colourful aquatic life.
- Location: Hamilton Island, located just off the Queensland coast of Australia and at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Direct flights daily from Australia’s major international airports: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Cairns. The flight time is between 2-3 hours depending on departure location.
- Accommodation: 60 Indvidual Pavilions including The Beach House.
- Activities: Catamaran Sailing, Spa, Sunset Cruise, Local beach drop-off’s & Sea Kayaking.
- Facilites: Two Infinity pools, 45ft Charter Cruiser, Boutique Shop, 2 restaurants, spa & access to private golf buggies.
- Weather: The best time to visit is between April and October. November to May is the tropical cyclone season and best to be avoided, although the weather at Hamilton Island is not as extreme as further north so is a year round destination.
- Children: Minimum age is 18 years of age.