Franz Josef and the West Coast, New Zealand
Set on the stunning Punakaiki Beach minutes from the world famous Pancake Rocks and Blowholes on New Zealand’s West Coast, Punakaiki Resort is an eco-friendly, luxury resort offering spectacular views of the ocean and rainforest. It provides the ideal base from which to explore the area.
The resort features 63 modern, comfortable and well-equipped rooms all with superb views across the ocean or rainforest. Eco-Suites offer additional privacy and comfort. Interconnecting rooms are available for families.
Enjoy delicious cuisine at Jacob’s Grill Restaurant while you admire the stunning vistas. On warmer days, you can dine alfresco on the beachfront terrace. There is also an excellent bar.
There are plenty of activities that can be arranged from kayaking and horse riding to visiting Pancake Rocks and Blowholes. The Punakaiki Lagoon at the southern end of the beach provides a great swimming spot on warm summer days. Other excursions include a glow-worm cave tour and a trip to Fox Glacier.
Punakaiki Resort Information
- Location: 3h 30 min from Christchurch Airport
- Accommodation: Sea or garden view, eco suite
- Activities: Punakaiki Rocks Resort, Paparoa National Park, glow worm cave tour, trip to Fox Glacier, horse riding, Pancake Rocks and Blowholes
- Facilities: Club bar, Jacob’s Grill Restaurant, al fresco dining
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 220 per night for a Standard Garden View room (2 guests)