Karatu, Ngorongoro, Tanzania
Plantation Lodge is a remote lodge located a 20 minute drive from the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. A further 30 minute drive from the lodge and you will reach the edge of the dramatic Ngorongoro Crater at an altitude of 2,300 metres. It is also close to Lake Manyara National Park and a short hop to the Tarangire National Park, making it a wonderful retreat to explore these must-see areas.
The lodge is set in nearly 3 hectares of land on a working farm and coffee plantation with spectacular views over the surrounding farmland. The lodge has 16 rooms spaciously located throughout the garden. There are an additional 5 suites and the Garden House has 4 double bedrooms making it ideal for families or groups travelling together. Each room is individually designed, each with its own unique style. Fresh home cooked food is served from the kitchen with much of the produce originating from the lodge’s own garden. The cellar is home to some delicious wines to chose from.
Day trips can be arranged to the crater, where you will be rewarded with breathtaking panoramas and an array of wildlife. There are 25,000 animals which live in the large volcanic caldera which has a diameter of 19kms, making it one of the most richly populated game areas. During your stay at Plantation Lodge you can also visit a coffee plantation, enjoy spectacular bird watching from the comfort of the lodge and indulge in a relaxing massage.
Plantation Lodge Information
- Location: Karatu, Ngorongoro
- Accommodation: 16 rooms, 5 suites and The Garden House which has 4 double bedrooms
- Facilities: Swimming pool and restaurant
- Activities: Day trips to Ngorongoro Crater, bird watching, coffee plantation visit, hiking in the Ngorongoro Highlands, massage
- Weather: July – December (excluding November due to the rains)
- Children: Welcome, but no specific facilities