Lake Taupo and Rotoroa, New Zealand
Set on the shores of Lake Rotorua in the heart of New Zealand’s North Island, this luxury retreat commands spectacular views across to Mokoia Island. Peppers on the Point is a two-storey, 1930s mansion, which has been carefully renovated, retaining much of the original design. This charming lakeside lodge will appeal to those seeking a tranquil and relaxing escape in an enchanting location.
Peppers on the Point offers nine Individually designed suites are elegant and spacious, and most offer stunning views. Each suite features a separate lounge area, large bathroom with a spa bath and under floor heating. There are also two self-contained Lake Cottage Suites that include decks with open-air hot tubs and a stunning four-bedroom Lake Villa, ideal for families.
Dining is a highlight with mouth-watering New Zealand cuisine served in the main dining room or in the privacy of your suite. In warmer weather you can dine alfresco overlooking the lake.
Peppers on the Point offers a wealth of activities from walking and watersports to boating, fishing and tennis. There’s also a gym and a spa for those wishing to be pampered. The lodge is the ideal base for experiencing New Zealand’s rich culture and there are erupting geysers, thermal springs and mud pools to explore. The lodge can arrange other thrilling adventures such as a floatplane flight from the jetty to experience the stunning scenery from above.
The lodge welcomes children and there’s plenty of space for them to run around, as well as a menagerie of animals to meet. Babysitting is also available.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Lake Rotorua into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Peppers on the Point Information
- Location: 2 hours 30 minutes from Auckland Airport
- Accommodation: 9 suites, 2 private lake cottage suites, Lake villas, Lake Villa Apartment
- Activities: Fishing, floatplane, Whakarewarewa Village tours, Rotorua Museum of Art and History, geyers, helicopter flights, volcanic air safaris, golf, Mount Tarawera Volcano tours, Clearwater cruises, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Facilities: Sky TV,swimming pool, spa & massage, gym, tennis courts, library
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 250 per night for a Lake Villa Apartment room (2 guests)