North Huvadhoo Atoll, Maldives
With long stretches of vibrant reefs rich with marine life and one of the best house reefs in The Maldives, diving at Park Hyatt Hadahaa is unparalleled. The hotel is situated on a pristine island 56 kilometres north of the Equator in the North Huvadhoo Atoll, one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world.
The resort’s 50 energy-efficient villas, designed by award-winning SCDA architects, offer panoramic views of the never-ending azure waters of the Indian Ocean. This is the first hotel in the Maldives built to rigorous EarthCheck standards. The villas are luxuriously designed and furnished to ensure guest comfort and privacy. Nestled within the natural vegetation and only a few steps from the turquoise waters, some with direct access to the coral-filled waters below and breathtaking views at sunset.
The luxury resort offers a range of exclusive activities including scuba diving and snorkelling around the island’s magnificent house reef and in and around the atoll at the PADI Five-Star Dive Centre. The Maldivian-inspired Vidhun Spa with five private couples treatment villas is ideal for those looking for peace and serenity. The spa treatments coupled with freshly harvested local herbal, botanical and marine resources ensure a pure Maldivian healing experience.
The Maldives has a tropical climate distinguished by two seasons, or monsoons: the dry northeast monsoon from December to March, and the wet southwestern monsoon from May to November, with more strong winds and rain. April is a transitional period noted for clear water and heat. The temperature remains remarkably consistent at around 30°C.
Park Hyatt Maldives, Hadahaa Information
- Location: North Huvadhoo Atoll. A 45 minute domestic flight to Kooddoo Domestic Airport from Male International Airport followed by a 20 minute speedboat ride.
- Accommodation: 50 villas, including 36 Island Villas (20 with plunge pools) and 14 Aqua Villas over the water.
- Facilities: Free Wi-Fi, a small library of books, DVDs and board games, pools, spa, gym, boutique, gardens.
- Activities: Diving, PADI 5-star dive centre “Blue Journeys”, Spa, tailor-made excursions, cooking classes, yoga courses
- Weather: The dry season is from December to April and the wet season is from May to November with greater chances of rain and stronger winds. February to April are the peak months (April tends to be the hottest month).
- Children: Children welcome. Babysitting is available upon request.