If you’re looking for a stylish perch with few rooms and plenty of character, right in the centre of Florence, then the Palazzo Vecchietti could be for you. If you’re after a hotel with a spa and a restaurant, however, then this isn’t ‘the one’.
True to its name, the Palazzo Vecchietti was once a private palace, dating back to the fifteenth century. The feeling of entering a palatial residence is immediate as you step into the three-storey courtyard atrium, natural light pouring through a large skylight.
Today, the building’s renovated architecture and décor are due to the work of Michele Bonan, the man behind JK Place Capri and Firenze.
The Palazzo Vecchietti is on Via Degli Strozzi, just around the corner from the Piazza Repubblica, and minutes from cultural sights and shops.
Fourteen rooms (5 Deluxe, 2 Superior, 2 Junior, 3 Suites and 2 Apartments) each come with their own butler. All guest rooms are named after Italian artists, with views of the internal courtyard, Via de’ Vecchietti, or the Via Degli Strozzi. The Machiavelli has a kitchen and a terrace, while the Da Vinci apartment has two living rooms and a large terrace.
Breakfast is the only meal provided, and is suitably memorable, served continental-style around a large communal oval table in the Sala Vespucci, with its antique marble fireplace and framed oil portraits.
Palazzo Vecchietti Information
- Location: Florence,10min drive from Florence Airport.
- Accommodation: 19 Rooms and Suites.
- Facilities: Library, meeting and conference facilties, satellite TV.
- Activities: Visit city attractions such as the Piazza del Duomo, Galleria degli Uffzi and Mercato Centrale.
- Weather: The warmest months are generally July and August (about 17-31° Celsius) while the coolest months are December and January (about 1-10° Celsius).
- Children: Welcome.