Formerly the Palazzo Sasso, this five-star Amalfi Coast property was renamed in 2013 in honour of its founder, who built the hotel in 1997 from the ruins of a 12th century nobleman’s palace.
The Palazzo Avino is still family-run, with the granddaughters of Giuseppe Avino intimately involved in its management. The hotel prides itself on offering superb levels of service, with an exceptionally high ratio of staff to guests.
Thanks to its location 1,000ft above the Mediterranean in the medieval town of Ravello, the Palazzo Avino has spectacular Amalfi views of sparkling sea and the picturesque fishing villages dotting the coastline.
Palazzo Avino has 32 rooms and 11 suites, looking out over either the sea or the mountains. Antique rugs and furniture sit alongside high-tech luxuries, and each room is decorated with hand painted Vietri tiles. Suites have balconies or terraces overlooking the Mediterranean, and all rooms have large windows aimed at bringing the outside in.
The hotel’s Rossellinis restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars, and offers set tasting menus alongside the a la carte option. Light bites and pasta dishes are served at the more informal Terrazza Belvedere, which makes the most of the views and incorporates an evening Lobster & Martini Bar. For cocktails, aperitifs and digestifs accompanied by live piano music, head for Caffé del Arte.
The Palazzo Avino has a heated outdoor swimming pool, spa and rooftop solarium with two whirlpools.
Fifteen minutes’ drive away from the hotel by complimentary shuttle is the Palazzo Avino’s ‘Clubhouse by the Sea’, with private beach platforms, swimming pool, changing rooms, clubhouse and beachside restaurant.
Palazzo Avino Information
- Location: Naples, 1 hr 45 min drive from Naples International Airport.
- Accommodation: 43 Rooms and Suites.
- Facilities: Spa, Swimming Pool, Beach Club, 2 Michelin Starred Restaurant, Outdoor Gym, Lounge, Library, Bar.
- Activities: Have a drink at the Lobster and Martini Bar, Go for a swim at the beautiful outdoor swimming pool, Go to the rooftop of the hotel to relax at the Solarium overlooking the beautiful Amalfi Coast.
- Weather: Summers are usually in the 30-40°C range. In the winter it can get a bit chilly averaging around 10°C. Spring and early autumn have the best weather with mild but still warm temperatures. From December to March, you can expect plenty of rain.
- Children: Welcome.