South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
Nsolo Bush Camp is situated on a bend in the Luwi Sand River that runs through the heart of Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park, just three hours’ walk from Luwi Bushcamp.
Accommodation in this luxury safari camp consists of four individually designed chalets each on raised wooden decks with high thatched roofs and private verandahs. The rooms are very spacious with the stylish furnishings that one would expect from one of Zambia’s luxury walking safari camps. The bathrooms have no roofs and are set under the shade of the trees above.
At Nsolo the wildlife frequents a waterhole in the dry river-bed in front of the camp and often your most exciting gameviewing is from the comfort of your own deck or from the central chitenje that houses the bar and small camp library. This is one of the South Luangwa’s more remote, luxury walking safari camps and there is only a limited network of roads in this area. As a result most of the gameviewing activities are centered on walking safaris although short night drives are usually offered as well.
Nsolo Bush Camp Information
- Location: South Luangwa National Park. A 1 Hour flight from Lusaka to Mfuwe following by a 2.5 hour game drive to the camp
- Accommodation: 4 thatched tents
- Activities: Game viewing – walks and in vehicles
- Weather: Camp is open from May to November. November to March is the rainy season and a great time for birding. April to July is winter when the weather is dry and cool and August to October are the hot and dry months which are best for game viewing.
- Children: Welcome with prior arrangement