Art, dancing, diving, indulgence, cuisine and fun. This edgy, new kid on the block combines modern and imaginative design with the stunning, natural scenery of the Maldives.
Recharge and rejuvenate surrounded by greenery and uninterrupted seascapes. Niyama has 86 studios and pavilions with outdoor bathrooms and a 24-hour spa and fitness center. This property is great for young couples looking for a little nightlife, but is also good for families as there are a wide range of activities on offer including photography and filmmaking courses. The Edge, Niyama’s signature restaurant and lounge float on the calm lagoon surface 500 metres offshore. Eight metres below that lays the world’s first underwater club, Subsix. On land, Tribal offers exceptional African, Asian, South American and Middle Eastern cuisine prepared right before your eyes.
If lounging the day away isn’t for you, keep busy at O2, Niyama’s own marine ecology and coral rehabilitation centre. Or get up close and personal with the fish while scuba-diving, Dhoni-sailing or doing a variety of water sports. For those seeking something a little more relaxing, get lost in the books, magazines and DVDs at The Lair.
- Location: Set on the islands of Embudhufushi and Olhuveli in the Southwestern Atoll of Dhaalu, 40-minute seaplane flight from Male International Airport.
- Accommodation: 86 studios and pavilions.
- Facilities: Underwater music club, marine biology lab, arts studio, 24-hour spa and gym.
- Activities: Traditional sailing Dhonis, PADI dive courses and water sports, weekly movie nights, and other entertainment options including Nintendo-Wii, remote controlled boats and buggies.
- Weather: The dry season is from December to March and the wet season is from May to November, however during these months it is still warm and still a good time to travel.
- Children: Welcome.