Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
Perched on the most enviable position right on the rim of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ngorongoro Crater, this exclusive luxury lodge with its large glass windows all around enjoys the most spectacular views any safari enthusiast could wish for.
The &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge features a North and South Lodge with 12 rooms each and a smaller, cosier Tree Lodge with 6 rooms. Every single room has an exclusive and private atmosphere with magnificent views of the crater and the 25,000 animals the crater is permanent home to. The rooms are wonderfully opulent with panelled walls and rich raw silk curtains, gilt mirrors, a fireplace and chandeliers. Each night your private butler will fill your bathtub with fresh red roses – it is the ultimate destination.
Game drives through the Crater begin early in the morning in closed safari vehicles with pop-up roofs. With an expert range on hand you descend into the beauty of the crater and make your way through the lush forests which are home to numerous herds of elephant and buffalo. Once inside the crater you can marvel at the variety and sheer number of animals all around you and enjoy a picnic style lunch with the animal kingdom unfolding around you. Enjoy sundowners overlooking the crater, the chance to interact with traditional maasai warriors and be sure to take some time out to enjoy the beauty and opulence of the lodge.
&Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge Information
- Location: Ngorongoro Crater, 25min flight from Arusha airport, 1.5hr drive from Manyara airstrip.
- Accommodation: 3 luxury lodges totally 30 suites.
- Facilities: Viewing decks, outdoor dining area, sitting and dining room, butler’s lobby, safari shop, sundowners.
- Activities: Game drives, birdwatching, half-day trips to Olduval Gorge & Shifting Sands, Crater rim walks, cultural Maasai manyatta visit, Maasai choir.
- Weather: Rainy in April, May and November. Summer runs from October to March while winter runs between April to September.
- Children: Children 5 years and up are welcome, however game drivse are recommended for children 8 years and up.