A luxury tropical hideaway set in a secluded palm grove by the Arabian Sea in North Kerala, Neeleshwar Hermitage has been built in keeping with local traditions. Overlooking a long stretch of unspoilt beach on 12 acres of grounds, this eco-friendly retreat is the ideal place to explore the treasures of Northern Kerala, and will appeal to those wanting to relax and rejuvenate in a tranquil beach escape.
The resort’s 18 charming cottages are designed to maximise comfort and privacy. Wood and thatch architecture is balanced with stylish contemporary touches and modern comforts. Interiors are light and airy with teak floors, high ceilings and locally handmade furniture.
The cuisine at Neeleshwar is fresh, healthy and delicious. An array of gourmet delights is served up using Indian, Middle-Eastern and European flavours. Enjoy breakfast by beach at Meenakshi and later head to Annapurna, which features predominantly vegetarian dishes.
Relax and unwind by the pool or take a walk around the fabulous grounds. Slightly more strenuous activities include hiring bicycles to explore the area, a cruise down the river in a houseboat or a romantic dinner under the stars. Neeleshwar prides itself on its wellness programme and offers range of Ayurvedic treatments in the spa, meditation courses and yoga classes. The hotel also offers cooking classes, cooking holidays and week-long retreats.
Neeleshwar Hermitage Information
- Location: Northern Kerela, 2 hours drive to Mangalore International Airport, 4-5 hours drive to Calicut International Airport.
- Accommodation: 18 Detached Cottages.
- Activities: Cookery classes, yago, meditation courses, bird watching, observe turtles during the hatching season, walking in the Western Ghats, backwater houseboat cruise, visit the Bekal Fort, cycling, musical concerts, dance performances, guided tours to local temples and festivals.
- Facilities: 2 Restaurants, swimming pool, Priya Spa, Ayurvedic doctor.
- Weather: The monsoon is from April to mid October, the time to visit is during October to April.
- Children: Welcome.