Talek River, Masai Mara
This luxury safari camp lies in an enchanting riverine woodland setting on the banks of the Talek River, in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is a one-hour flight from Nairobi.
Offering superb personalised service, stunning accommodation and incredible wildlife viewing opportunities, Naibor Camp will appeal to couples and families seeking a romantic, once-in-a-lifetime safari experience. As the camp is unfenced it is not suitable for children under eight, unless on special request.
Naibor Camp accommodates up to 14 guests in seven spacious and luxurious canvas tents designed with privacy and comfort in mind. Each tent features elegant, handcrafted furnishings; a king-size bed; huge sofas; an ensuite bathroom with a flush toilet and hot-water safari shower; and a verandah overlooking the plains. For those wishing to indulge, Little Naibor and Naibor Wilderness offer five additional suites that each come with a dedicated team of staff to attend to your every need.
Enjoy mouthwatering, gourmet cuisine prepared using the freshest ingredients and served in the mess tent as you watch resident hippos in the river below. Romantic dinners for two outside your tent can arranged and you can also experience private dinners in the bush.
The main activity is game viewing, and experienced and friendly guides lead morning and afternoon game drives. You can also visit local villages and hot air balloon flights can also be organised. After a tiring day, relax as you sip a sundowner or revive aching limbs with a massage.
The annual wildebeest migration passes through the area between July and November and the camp is close to all the major crossing sites over the Mara River.
Naibor Camp Information
- Location: 4 hour 30 minutes from Nairobi Airport
- Accommodation: Main Naibor is made up of 7 tents, Little Naibor boasts 2 spacious suites, Naibor Wilderness is made up of three luxurious double tents.
- Activities:Game drives, guided walks, river swimming, hot air ballooning, bush breakfasts and sundowners, visit to Masai villages, massage, mountain biking
- Facilities: Tented bedrooms, spa, boutique, lounge
- Weather: The best time to visit the Masai Mara is for the Great Wildebeest Migration, which tends to be mid July to late October.
- Children: Under 8 years on request
- Price Guide:From USD 475 for a tent in Naibor Wilderness, minimum two nights.