Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda
Situated on a peninsula the heart of the Queen Elizabeth National Park in a remote part of Uganda, this Mweya Lodge offers spectacular views of the legendary ‘Mountains of the Moon’, Lake George, Lake Edward and the Great Rift Valley. Mweya Safari Lodge is 415 km from Kampala and a one-hour flight from Entebbe International Airport.
The lodge will appeal to travellers seeking a unique and unforgettable wilderness escape in an awe-inspiring setting. Facilities include a health club and spa, a swimming pool and a bar.
Mweya Safari Lodge provides 54 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, including four safari tents. Each room features rustic décor, comfy beds, a ceiling fan, all mod cons and a veranda with impressive views. For those wanting maximum luxury and comfort, the expansive Presidential Cottage is superb. Interconnecting rooms are available and there are two family cottages.
Sample mouthwatering local and international dishes in the elegant dining room or outside on the veranda, as you enjoy the stunning views across the Kazinga Channel. Starting the day with a bush breakfast is an experience not to be missed.
Queen Elizabeth National Park is teeming with wildlife including hippo, monkey and elephant. The lodge offers an array of unforgettable activities and excursions to suit all interests including morning or evening game drives, boat safaris, chimpanzee tracking, tree climbing lion spotting, nature walks and birdwatching. You can also visit a local community or drive to Katwe explosion crater. After a busy day, sip a cocktail by the inviting pool as you admire the views, hit the gym or be pampered with a massage.
Mweya Lodge Information
- Location: 1 hour flight from Entebbe International Airport
- Accommodation: 32 rooms, 12 deluxe rooms, 2 suites, 2 safari tents, 2 deluxe safari tents, 4 cottages
- Activities: Boat cruise no the Kazinga Channel, nature walks, bird watching, safari drives, swimming, bush breakfast/dinner, water safari, cultural talk, chimpanzee tracking, volcano visits
- Facilities: Health club, spa, swimming pool, pool bar, gift shop, business centre, conference facility
- Weather: The best months to travel are between January to February and June to September
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 169 per night for a single room