River Nile, Uganda
This luxury eco-lodge lies on the banks of the River Nile overlooking Murchison Falls National Park, one of Uganda’s largest national parks. Murchison River Lodge is a charming, family-owned property with an emphasis on simplicity. It is 350 km from the capital, Kampala.
This little gem will appeal to families, couples and nature lovers seeking a relaxing and serene hideaway in a secluded setting. Facilities include an open-air restaurant and bar as well as a swimming pool.
Murchison River Lodge provide a range of accommodation from elegant thatched cottages to camping in tents. Cottages are spacious and comfortable, and feature rustic décor, a mezzanine with a double bed, two single beds on the ground level, and a wide veranda overlooking the bush. These are ideal for families. The safari tents offer a more authentic camping experience.
Enjoy superb homemade cuisine prepared using fresh ingredients and served in the open-air restaurant as you watch wildlife wading through the water.
The lodge offers a wealth of activities to suit all tastes and interests. Head out on a safari for the chance to spot lion, giraffe and elephant; take a boat trip to Murchison Falls; or go birdwatching. You can also go chimpanzee trekking. Or, simply, laze in a hammock and soak up the stunning surroundings.
Families are welcome and there is a kids’ play area as well as a shaded baby pool. The main pool is fenced for enhanced safety. Kids’ menus are also available.
Murchison River Lodge Information
- Location: 5 hours from Kampala
- Accommodation: 4 cottages, 6 tents, private camping
- Activities: Ferry rides, bird watching, visit rhino sanctuaryies, game drives, chimpanzee trekking, boat cruises, community walks, safaris, fishing
- Facilities: Restaurant, bar, pool, craft shop
- Weather: The best months to travel are between January to February and June to September
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 100 per night for Thatched Safari Tents