Mgahinga National Park, Uganda
Mount Gahinga Lodge is situated at the base of the three magnificent Virunga Volcanoes on the edge of Mgahinga National Park in South West Uganda, home of the mountain gorilla. This recently renovated, luxury safari lodge is full of rustic charm and offers breathtaking views of the dramatic landscape. The lodge is an hour’s flight from Entebbe.
Offering impeccable service, warm hospitality and top-notch cuisine, it will appeal to adventurous travellers seeking a tranquil and unforgettable wilderness safari experience. Children are welcome but there are no specific facilities for them. Children under 15 are not allowed to track the gorillas.
Mount Gahinga Lodge provides nine circular, stone bandas with papyrus roofs and verandahs overlooking the volcanoes. Nestled in lush landscaped gardens and offering the utmost privacy, each banda features colorful, African inspired décor, a fireplace and an ensuite bathroom with a bush shower. Hot water is available on request.
There are endless adventures to be had at Mount Gahinga Lodge. Track gorillas or golden monkeys in Mgahinga or Nkuringo, hike up a volcano or visit local communities and learn about local farming, After a busy day, unwind with a glass of wine in front of the fire, admire the views from the terrace, or ease tired limbs with a massage.
Mount Gahinga Lodge Information
- Location: 40 minutes from Entebbe International Airport
- Accommodation: 9 bandanas, 2 tents
- Activities: Gorilla tracking, golden monkey tracking, bird watching, walking safaris, volcano climbing, Batwa community walk, guided nature walks
- Facilities: Restaurant, bar, open fireplace, sunroom, eco-friendly
- Weather: The best months to travel are between January to February and June to September
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 295 per night for a standard room