This luxury boutique hideaway is spread across multiple floors and combines elegant European style with striking African influences. There is plenty of indoor living space, huge decks, a fully equipped kitchen, a boma and a heated infinity pool. River House comes with a team of eight staff including a chef, butler and nanny, if needed, as well as an experienced ranger and a 4WD vehicle. This property will appeal to families seeking an indulgent and private escape in an enchanting setting.
River House accommodates up to six adults and four children in three lavishly appointed suites and a kids’ room. Each suite features a super-king size bed, a luxurious bathroom, indoor and outdoor showers, a fireplace for cold nights and delightful wooden balconies. The kids’ room comes with a television, Playstation and computer to keep little ones entertained.
There is an array of dining options on offer from casual snacks to magnificent fine dining. Enjoy breakfasts on a nearby mountaintop, lavish riverside picnics, delightful bush meals or sumptuous dinners in the boma.
When it comes to activities you will be spoilt for choice. Head out on thrilling game drives led by experienced rangers, for the chance to spot a huge variety of wildlife, including the Big Five; go bird watching or bush walking; or enjoy a fishing safari.
Children will experience an unforgettable adventure of their own. Exciting outdoor activities can be arranged and they are welcome on game drives.
River House is part of the Morukuru Family experience and is a short stroll from sister property, Owner’s House. Both can be booked for larger parties.
River House is a Relais & Chateaux property.
Morukuru River House Information
- Location: 4 hours’ drive from Johannesburg
- Accommodation: River House can accommodate 6 adults and 4 junior guests. The 3 suites are adorned with king size beds, sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies
- Activities: game drives, bush walks, fishing, bird-watching, fun outdoor mini-adventures, creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside. Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village are also a firm favourite
- Facilities: A heated infinity pool with inviting loungers, a boma for bonfire feasts, wooden veranda with romantic nooks and cosy views of the Marico river and an al fresco dining garden make this bush home a true haven. The living space consists of a dining room, lounge, double view fire place and fully equipped kitchen which is available to guests at all times for snacks and drinks at their leisure and of their choice.
- Weather: The climate is typified by hot summers (September to April) and cool dry Winters (May to August).
Summer: 25˚C(77˚F) – 40˚C(104˚F) and Winters: 3˚C(38˚F) – 23˚C(73˚F)
- Children: Welcome