This luxury boutique retreat is hidden under ancient Morukuru trees on the banks of the Marico River, in the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, in South Africa. The international airport in Johannesburg is 380 km away.
Built from wood, stone and glass and surrounded by expansive decks and balconies. Owner’s House blends contemporary European style with African influences. This ultra-stylish property accommodates up to four guests two enormous and beautifully appointed bedrooms with king-size beds and luxurious bathrooms.
Originally built as a private hideaway, this charming property will appeal to couples, honeymooners and small families seeking an indulgent and private escape in a tranquil and enchanting setting.
Owner’s House comes with a team of eight staff including a butler, a chef, a sommelier and a nanny, if needed. It features a state-of-the-art wine cellar, wifi, fully equipped private kitchen and all-modern amenities. Game drives and a 4WD vehicle are included.
An array of dining options is on offer from casual snacks to elegant fine dining. Enjoy breakfasts on a nearby mountaintop, lavish riverside picnics, delightful bush meals or sumptuous dinners in the boma.
There are a multitude of unforgettable experiences to be had. Head out on thrilling game drives led by experienced rangers, for the chance to spot a huge variety of wildlife, including the Big Five; go on bush walks; or enjoy a fishing safari.
After a tiring day, laze by the stunning infinity pool; sip a cocktail on the deck as you enjoy the peaceful natural surroundings; or have a soak under the stars in the outdoor bath.
Owner’s House is part of the Morukuru Family experience and is a short stroll from sister property, River House, which can also be booked if you have a larger party.
Owner’s House is a Relais & Chateaux hotel.
Morukuru Owner’s House Information
- Location: 4 hours’ drive from Johannesburg
- Accommodation: Owner’s House can accommodate 4 guests in two spacious, beautifully appointed en-suite king sized bedrooms. The suites consist of sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies in the green canopy of the trees
- Activities: game drives, bush walks, fishing, bird-watching, fun outdoor mini-adventures, creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside. Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village are also a firm favourite
- Facilities: An elegant dining room, a plush lounge and a fully equipped private kitchen, a 14meter pool, a romantic tree top sala, a boma for starlit dining and an outside bath for a romantic and tranquil bathing experience.
- Weather: The climate is typified by hot summers (September to April) and cool dry Winters (May to August).
Summer: 25˚C(77˚F) – 40˚C(104˚F) and Winters: 3˚C(38˚F) – 23˚C(73˚F)
- Children: Welcome