Farm House lies in lush gardens on a 100-hectare estate, on the other side of the mountain to sister properties, Owner’s House and River House, in the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa. The international airport in Johannesburg is 380 km away.
Once a traditional African farm homestead, this luxury boutique eco-retreat is the epitome of safari-chic and offers spectacular views of the African plains and exceptional game viewing opportunities. Interiors feature contemporary décor, a neutral colour palette, sumptuous furnishings and all-modern amenities. Facilities include an inviting pool, a fully equipped kitchen and an impressive wine cellar. Farm House also comes with a team of staff including a butler, chef, experienced ranger and nanny, if needed. Games drives and a 4WD vehicle are included.
This charming property has an air of exclusivity and a laidback atmosphere. The area is fenced and is safe for both adults and children to wander around as they wish. It will appeal to families and larger groups seeking a unique and unforgettable escape in an enchanting and tranquil setting.
Farm House accommodates up to ten guests in five huge and beautifully appointed bedrooms, each with super-king size beds and huge windows overlooking the bush.
An array of dining options is on offer from casual snacks to fine dining. Dine al fresco as you admire the stunning views; enjoy lavish bush breakfasts and picnic lunches; or experience romantic candlelit dinners under the stars.
There are a multitude of unforgettable experiences to be had. Head out on thrilling game drives for the chance to spot a huge variety of wildlife, including the Big Five; go bird watching; or enjoy a spot of fishing. Or, simply relax by the pool or be pampered with a massage.
Children who stay at Farm House will enjoy a memorable adventure of their own. They are welcome on game drives and there are plenty of activities to keep them entertained.
Farm House is part of the Morukuru Family experience and is a Relais & Chateaux property.
Morukuru Farm House Information
- Location: 4 hours’ drive from Johannesburg
- Accommodation: The Farm House can accommodate 10 guests. The 5 double suites are bright and airy and each of them has an en-suite bathroom with beautiful glass doors and windows that open out onto the bush
- Activities: game drives, bush walks, fishing, bird-watching, fun outdoor mini-adventures, creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside. Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village are also a firm favourite
- Facilities: Pool, wine cellar, open kitchen, lounge, dining room, courtyards, dining gardens and fireplace, this private house has been built with “Green” in mind and is perfect for families and small groups of friends
- Weather: The climate is typified by hot summers (September to April) and cool dry Winters (May to August).
Summer: 25˚C(77˚F) – 40˚C(104˚F) and Winters: 3˚C(38˚F) – 23˚C(73˚F)
- Children: Welcome