Dig your toes into the sand on the private island of Mnemba and let the sound of the waves crashing onto the sandy shore take your stress away.
This tropical barefoot paradise is a pure haven for guests looking for a undisturbed and exclusive island hideaway. You will be treated to sightings of the magnificent creatures that inhabit this pristine island given its location in the main coral conservation area and the breeding grounds of the endangered green turtle.
There are only 10 Zanzibari palm-frond bandas on the entire island of Mnemba, each featuring an extensive use of indigenous materials throughout, sumptuous bedroom spaces decorated with plush comfy beds, charming dining areas, exquisite bathrooms, a personal bar and luxurious outdoor verandahs.
Spend time with the sun and the sea when you go snorkelling, fly-fishing, kayaking, windsurfing or simply swimming right off the beach. Or you can kick back and relax in your private beach sala while the dedicated team of friendly staff serve you the freshest catch right from the sea.
&Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge Information
- Location: Zanzibar, 1.5 hours drive from Zanzibar International Airport and then a 20 minute boat ride to the island.
- Accommodation: 10 luxury bandas
- Facilities: Sitting room, bar, library
- Activities: Diving, snorkelling, swimming, kayaking, windsurfing, fly-fishing, deep sea fishing, dinners at the beach
- Weather: Best to visit from June to March, tends tobe rainy in April/May and November.
- Children: Welcome, however no specific facilities
- 9maximum of 2 children on the island at any one time to ensure the peacefulness of the surroundings). Addtional beds for 16 years and younger can be arranged in the parent’s banda.