Kaikoura, New Zealand
Nestled amongst Manuka trees surrounded by majestic mountains, Manakau Lodge is a luxury boutique retreat that boasts a magnificent setting. Situated ten minutes from Kaikoura in the Canterbury region of New Zealand’s South Island, Manakau Lodge makes the ideal base from which to explore the region.
Offering warm hospitality and stunning accommodation, this rural retreat will appeal to discerning couples seeking a peaceful and romantic year round escape.
Manakau Lodge is custom-built and provides four spacious and elegant rooms designed to maximise comfort. Each room features contemporary décor, handcrafted furnishings, a verandah offering impressive views and all-modern amenities. Deluxe Rooms have the added indulgence of super-king beds and freestanding baths.
Enjoy lavish breakfasts and sumptuous three-course dinners prepared using fresh local produce and accompanied by local fine wines. The lodge is a ten-minute drive from the restaurants of Kaikoura, the seafood capital of New Zealand.
There are a multitude of Marine excursions and leisure activities on offer in the area. Experience the thrill of whale watching or swimming with Dolphins; take an unforgettable flight over the ocean in a fixed-wing aircraft; explore the rich Maori heritage; go quad biking; or play golf.
Lightfoot Travel tip: Crayfish is a speciality of the area and the Gourmet Crayfish dinner is highly recommended.
Manakau Lodge Information
- Location: One and a half hour drive from Christchurch International Airport
- Accommodation: 4 Rooms
- Activities: Photography workshop, Whale watching, Swim with Dolphins, Flight over the ocean in a fixed-wing aircraft, explore the rich Maori heritage, quad biking, golf
- Facilities: Fine dining restaurant, garden,chess & board games
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 250 for 1 night in a Lodge Room,for two pax