Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa
Makanyane is a luxurious and exclusive safari lodge, situated on private land within the magnificent 75,000 hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve – home to the Big 5 and a myriad of other animal and bird species. Makanyane, which lies hidden in lush riverside forest, offers unforgettable wildlife experiences, exquisite accommodation and cuisine as well as outstanding personal service.
The Lodge was designed by a team of award winning architects to effortlessly blend with the surrounding bush. The relaxed yet luxurious interiors complement the design perfectly, tastefully enhancing the atmosphere of comfort in this idyllic environment.
The lodge consists of a beautiful main building and eight stunning suites, which lie hidden in the lush forest, offering spectacular views over the tranquil Marico River. Situated on 1,800 hectares of private ground within the 75,000 hectare Madikwe Game Reserve, the lodge has accommodation for a maximum of sixteen guests, ensuring that each guest has privacy and individual attention.
Activities at Makanyane include day and night game drives, guided walks, bush dinners, sleep-outs under the stars and riding. Guests can relax at the pool during the middle of the day or enjoy a massage at the bush spa or on your private deck.
- Location: Malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve
- Accommodation: 8 glass fronted suites
- Facilities: Swimming pool, spa. gym
- Activities: Morning and evening game drives, bush walks, star view sleep out
- Children: Children under the age of 12 are accepted at specific times of the year
- Weather: All year round, rainy season from December to February. May to August is peak safari season; land is dry and animals congregate around water sources.