Madya Pradesh, India
The charming lodge, just a stone’s throw away from the renowned Tiger reserve of Madhya Pradesh, is a luxurious getaway for the wildlife lover.
Nestled adjacent to the scenic Bandhavgarh National Park, each of the 12 private huts are dressed in a luxurious setting echoing the vernacular style of Central India. Think shades of rust and burnt orange reflecting the warmth and hospitality of India coupled with tapered mud coloured walls meticulously finished in lime and earth washes, open rafters, and private courtyards complete with traditional mud floors – truly an enticing way to kick-start your safari adventure. It is no surprise that Mahua Kothi was once on Conde Nast Traveller’s Hot List of 65 cool places to stay.
No trip to the Mahua Kothi is completed without a trip to Bandavgarh National Park, where you will be welcomed in to the vicinity by an extensive range of flora, stretches of bamboo and grasslands, and fauna – the highest density of tigers in the country roam the grounds. Those hoping to catch a glimpse of the endangered species in their natural habitat need look no further. The park is also home several other beasts of the jungle, including the elusive white tigers and the largest breeding population of leopards. After the great safari adventure, indulge in a yoga session with the amenities provided by the lodge. Children and adults alike can sit together for traditional Indian games of marbles and Chaupad.
Mahua Kothi is truly a place where beauty, in the form of its lush natural landscape, meets the beast.
Mahua Kothi Information
- Location: Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh, 4 hour transfer from Jabalpur airport
- Accommodation: 12 Jungle Suites (Kutiyas)
- Activities: Jungle safaris in Bandhavgarh National Park, guided nature walks, cultural cycling and walking trails through traditional villages
- Facilities: Swimming pool, Baghiya (traditional garden), interactive kitchen, safari shop
- Weather: Tropical climate, Wet season from June to September
- Children: Welcome. However, children under 5 years old are unable to join game drives. Childminders can be arranged. Children aged between 6 – 12 years old are allowed on game drive at Lodge Manager’s discretion