South Luangwa, Zambia
This exquisite private house is situated on Robin Pope’s Nkwali land in South Luangwa, the ideal base for a family get together or a special birthday celebration. This is one of the most stylish and luxurious private pads in Africa.
Built on the edge of a seasonal lagoon and with a backdrop of the Chindeni Hills, the game, including herds of elephants and journeys of giraffe, use this area to feed and water throughout the day. During the drier months you can be having lunch on the deck with up to forty elephants around you.
There are four large en-suite bedrooms, a large dining sitting area and a private chef and house manager to look after you. Activities and meals are all designed to suit your individual requirements.
Luangwa House Information
- Location: South Luangwa National Park. A 1 hour flight from Lusaka and then a 40 minute game drive to the house.
- Accommodation: 4 en-suite bedrooms
- Activities: Walking, drives, night drives, boating, cultural visit to Kawaza Village and school
- Weather: November to March is the rainy season and a great time for birding. April to July is winter when the weather is dry and cool and August to October are the hot and dry summer months which are best for game viewing.
- Children: 7 years and over welcome. A great house for families – rooms can be made up with twin beds and babysitters can be arranged on request.