Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique
Londo Lodge is an exclusive boutique hotel in northern Mozambique, within the Quirimbas Archipelago. It is a unique combination of a bush and beach retreat and conveniently located just 20 minutes by speedboat from Pemba Airport.
Each of the spacious 6 luxury villas are built on a high cliff with sweeping views over looking the majestic Pemba Bay. All rooms have a unique design and are decked out with traditional bamboo and thatch roofing, 3 meter wide doors creating a sense of opulence and the finest mattresses imported from England and bed linen from Belgium.
Activities at Londo Lodge are a mixture of land and sea. With the Indian Ocean on the doorstep, comes colourful coral reefs ideal for snorkelling and diving. Game fishing and fly fishing are also available as are mangrove river trips, waterskiing and canoeing in a traditional dug out mokoro. On the land you have the unique opportunity to discover and explore a spiritual virgin baobab forest with an array of small game species. Once you have taken in some fantastic water activities and been on a walk through the forest you will deserve some pampering at the spectacular cliff edge spa. Immerse yourself in papaya ginger scrubs and pre sun coconut treatments, which will leave you feeling rejuvenated.
Londo Lodge Information
- Location: Pemba. Fly to Pemba from Johannesburg, Nairobi or Dar es Salaam and then it is a 20-minute speedboat journey from Pemba to Londo Lodge.
- Accommodation: 6 luxury villas.
- Activities: Snorkelling, scuba diving, game and fly fishing, bush walks, bird watching, mangrove river trips and sunset sailing.
- Facilities: Private beach, swimming pool, massages and beach bar.
- Weather: The best months to travel are from May to November. The rainy season is from December through to April, with the heaviest rainfall in January and February.
- Children: Welcome, although no specific facilities. Babysitting can be arranged on request.