Lizard Island, Australia
Truly secluded from the rest of the world, this resort is the northern-most property located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. WIth no less than 24 powdery-white beaches to explore enjoy secluded picnics on five-star cuisine and indulging spa treatments.
The island consists of 40 luxurious villas and suites and is situated within a National Park covering 1,013 hectares. It presents elegant, yet understated Great Barrier Reef accommodation allowing you to choose from a range of rooms and villas. The Garden Rooms have wonderful tropical surrounds and are within easy reach of Anchor Bay and the beach, these rooms all have balconies.
The Sunset Point Villas have wonderful views over native eucalyptus bushland and have access to a string of beaches. Anchor Bay Suites have a classic understated elegance and are positioned in a sweeping arch along Anchor Bay with easy access to the main lodge and a pathway to the beaches.
Diving and snorkelling at Lizard Island is world class. You have more than 1,500 fish species to discover, 400 coral species and 215 bird species which live on the reed. The Cod Hole, one of the world’s famous dive sites is just a short boat ride away. Deep sea game fishing enthusiasts will love Black Marlin season from September to December which sees fish of over 1,000 pounds swim through the area.
Enjoy 5-star dining from dawn to dusk at Ospreys Restaurant – the idyllic setting to take full advantage of the views along the seascape for a special dining experience on Lizard Island. You may also choose to enjoy private beach picnics and sunset beach side degustations – with an exclusive menu created by the Executive Chef.
Snorkel and dive at Lizard Island and discover more than 1500 fish species, 400 coral species and 215 bird species who live on the reef. The Cod Hole, one of the world famous dive sites, is just a short boat ride away.
Deep-sea game fishing lovers will enjoy Black Marlin season from September to December which sees fish of over 1,000 pounds swim through the area.
Lizard Island Information
- Location: Lizard Island, 27km off the coast of North Queensland. From Cairns International Airport it is a 60 minute light aircraft flight to the island. Private charters can be arranged.
- Accommodation: 40 suites Inclusive, Garden Rooms, Sunset Point Villas, Anchor Bay Suites & The Pavilion
- Activities: Azure Spa, Paddle ski tours, Diving & Snorkelling, Motorised dinghies
- Facilites: Freshwater swimming pool, Tennis court, Gymnasium, WiFi
- Weather: The best months to travel are between April and November. December through to March can be hot and very humid.
- Children: Over the age of 12 welcome.