Dating from the 1920s but reopening in 2010 after a two-year renovation overseen by Philippe Starck, Le Royal Monceau was awarded ‘palace’ status in July 2013 by the France Agency for Tourism Development.
Joining just five other Parisian hotels (Le Bristol Paris is another) considered as being above five-star status, Le Royal Monceau is the European flagship of the Raffles Hotels & Resorts group.
The Royal Monceau Raffles sits on the Rive Droite of the Seine, the same side of the river as the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre and the Champs-Elysées.
The hotel has 85 rooms and 64 suites, beginning at Studio Rooms and culminating in the three Presidential Suites. Style is forties and fifties inspired, with artwork on the walls and a signature Royal Monceau acoustic guitar in every room.
The large Clarins spa includes the longest swimming pool in Paris, a hammam and sauna, and is an impossibly elegant and relaxing space, clad in white and mirrors.
The hotel is serious about art, with the concierge desk selling glossy art tomes, a dedicated Art Concierge, and an art gallery within the hotel. Not to mention the abundance of specially commissioned art pieces and installations throughout the public spaces.
Royal Monceau Raffles Paris has two Michelin-starred restaurants, La Cuisine (French) and Il Carpaccio (Italian). The former has an open kitchen and a fresco on the ceiling, while the latter spills into a conservatory overlooking the garden. Le Bar Long was designed as a living room rather than a bar, and is open all day for tapas and drinks.
Le Royal Monceau Information
- Location:Paris, 45mins drive from Orly Airport and Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- Accommodation:85 Rooms and 64 Suites.
- Facilities:Restaurants, bar, Spa My Blend by Clarins including fitness, steam room, 6 treatment rooms and the longest swimming pool in a Paris hotel, 99-seat luxury cinema, cigar lounge, sound studio, concept store, meeting rooms.
- Activities:Visit various city attractions such as Champs Elysées, Eiffel Tower, Lourve and Arc de Triomphe.
- Weather:Paris’ average yearly temperature is just under 12°C (2°C in January, 19°C in July). January is the coldest month (2°C) and while temperatures can reach the 30s in the summer months of July and August.
- Children:Very child-friendly. Offers kids; welcome amenities and special gifts by BONPOINT. Le Petit Royale kids program has special activities for children and teenagers.