This ‘quietly chic’ hotel just off the Champs Elysées is light and bright and certainly brings a contemporary style of luxury to the upper echelons of the Paris hotel scene.
Only opening in 2010, Le Burgundy reflects its owner’s passion for art throughout, and manages to strike a balance between being as fashionable as its location, and yet cosy and welcoming too.
Indeed the location is one of the hotel’s highlights. Although only around the corner from Paris’ most famous shopping street and other highlights such as the Tuilerie Gardens, the Louvre, and Place de la Concorde, Le Burgundy is itself on Rue Duphot, a narrow side street tucked away from the main action.
Le Burgundy has just 59 rooms, whose soft, rich colour scheme provides a subdued and relaxing feel in the bedrooms, contrasting with distinctly modern stone and marble bathrooms.
The cognac and champagne bar and the restaurant at Le Burgundy are both named after French poet Baudelaire, who apparently once lived in the building that the hotel now occupies. The restaurant was awarded a Michelin star in 2011 and has a patio at its heart. The hotel’s tea room – The Winter Garden – is neoclassical and white and serves the pastry chef’s finest creations.
The hotel’s basement Carita Spa & Fitness Club has a lap pool, hammam, sauna and massage booths.
If your concierge holds the key to your time in Paris, then the Clefs d’Or (Golden Keys) team at Le Burgundy are the people to know as you plan the ideal itinerary and decide where to eat, shop and be entertained.
Le Burgundy Information
- Location:Paris, 18mins drive from Orly Airport, 32mins drive from Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- Accommodation:59 Rooms.
- Facilities:Restaurant, bar, spa, fitness centre, swimming pool, sauna, hammam, business centre, wifi.
- Activities:Visit various city attractions such as Champs Elysées, Eiffel Tower, Lourve and Arc de Triomphe.
- Weather:Paris’ average yearly temperature is just under 12°C (2°C in January, 19°C in July). January is the coldest month (2°C) and while temperatures can reach the 30s in the summer months of July and August.
- Children:Very child-friendly. A special welcome is provided for children including various amenities and products. Specific entertainment and activities such as baking classes, balloon art, face painting, museum visits, city tours, can be arranged.