Describing itself as ‘the embodiment of French luxury and refinement’, Le Bristol is one of just six hotels in Paris (Le Royal Monceau is another) to be awarded ‘palace’ status; meaning that it is rated as higher than five-star.
Sitting in the centre of the France’s fashion and arts district, on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Le Bristol is something of a Paris institution, with the great and the good choosing to stay here since 1925.
The hotel is owned by a family of art collectors, a fact reflected in the 92 suites and 96 rooms, which are decorated in the hotel’s classic, timeless style. Many overlook the beautiful central Jardin Française, where meetings and social gatherings take place under white parasols.
Food lovers will be in heaven at Le Bristol, as it has the highest number of Michelin stars of all Parisian hotels. The internationally renowned Epicure restaurant holds three and the hotel’s upmarket brasserie 114 Faubourg has one too. Le Bar du Bristol feels like a traditional English club, but is a favourite among Parisians for after work drinks, and has DJs at the weekend too.
The swimming pool at Le Bristol is pretty special; on the hotel’s sixth floor, it has superb views across the rooftops of Paris, and the fitness centre is up here too. Spa Le Bristol by La Prairie has 8 treatment rooms and the first banya, or Eastern European steam bath, in Paris.
Le Bristol is exceptionally friendly towards children, with a kids club alongside the spa, specifically designed programmes for children and families, and even a special welcome for younger guests from the hotel’s rabbit and cat.
Le Bristol Paris Information
- Location:Paris, 35mins drive from Orly Airport, 45mins drive from Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- Accommodation:96 Rooms and 92 Suites.
- Facilities:Michelin-starred restaurants, bar, swimming pool, Spa Le Bristol by La Prairie comprising eight treatment rooms, a fitness centre and Les Amis d’Hippolyte, a kids’ club.
- Activities:Visit various city attractions such as Champs Elysées, Eiffel Tower, Lourve and Arc de Triomphe.
- Weather:Paris’ average yearly temperature is just under 12°C (2°C in January, 19°C in July). January is the coldest month (2°C) and while temperatures can reach the 30s in the summer months of July and August.
- Children:Very child- and family-friendly. Children and family programmes available.