Witness the pulsating energy of the annual wildebeest migration from one of the best vantage points here at Lamai Serengeti.
Structurally built to adapt to the iconic rocks of Kogakuria Kopje, the lodge is barely visible to the casual eye. Yet, inside, the complex topography of the kopjes makes Lamai Serengeti a real haven for breath-taking panoramas of the surrounding landscapes.
Designed with preservation in mind, the 12 rooms in the Main and Private Lodge use canvas, plaster and natural poles extensively, soothing your senses with its clean lines, cream-and-whites and simple au natural beauty. There is even an intimate bar and dining area, adjoined by a quaint library to make you feel right at home. Open-air, spacious verandahs bring you close to nature as you enjoy the wilderness on a lazy day. Ending the day with sundowners on the highest spot in the kopjes or in your own natural rock swimming pool takes understated luxury up to a notch.
Natural intricacies distinguish Lamai Serengeti from the rest. Besides having as many as 1.5 million wildebeests crossing the Mara River elegantly dotting your doorstep, this dramatic location showcases a tranquil side of Serengeti with leopard and lion sightings in the rugged granite outcrops of the kopjes and the river lines.
Lamai Serengeti Information
- Location: Northern Serengeti, accessible from Kogatrende airstrip
- Accommodation: 12-room open-air luxury lodge
- Facilities: Private bar and dining area, library, map room, private natural rock swimming pool
- Activities: Walking safaris, game drives, bush picnics and sundowners
- Children: Welcome
- Weather: Best to visit from July to October for Mara River crossing. Closed in April