Marlborough, New Zealand
This luxury boutique hotel is nestled within 25 acres of enchanting, English-style gardens on the shores of the lake. The property is situated in the heart of Marlborough, New Zealand’s famed wine region on the South Island, and makes the perfect base from which to explore the area.
Offering impeccable service, warm hospitality and top-notch cuisine, Lake Timara Lodge will appeal to couples and gourmet travellers seeking a secluded and intimate, country house-style hideaway.
This historic homestead provides four beautifully appointed and individually designed suites, each featuring fine Italian linen, marble bathrooms and all modern amenities.
Dining at Lake Timara Lodge is a highlight. Enjoy the finest modern European cuisine accompanied by fine wines from the impressive cellar.
There are plenty of activities on offer. Stroll through the gardens; laze by the pool; play tennis; go for a row on the lake; or sample award-winning wines at the lodge’s own winery. After a busy day, relax with a glass of vintage wine by the fire or on the verandah.
Other activities can be arranged including cycling around the countryside, hiking, trout fishing and golf. A little further afield you can cruise the Marlborough Sounds waterways or walk the renowned Queen Charlotte Track. For adventure-seekers there’s whale watching in Kaikoura, thrilling helicopter flights and white water rafting.
Timara Lodge is a member of Small Leading Hotels of the World.
Lake Timara Lodge Information
- Location: 7.5 kilometers from Blenheim Woodbourne Airport
- Accommodation: 4 Rooms
- Facilities: Landscaped gardens, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Fine dine restaurant, Lounge, Library, Wine Cellar
- Activities: Wineyard tours, wine tasting, cycling around the countryside, hiking, trout fishing, fly fishing, golf, cruising the Marlborough Sounds waterways, whale watching in Kaikoura, helicopter flights, white water rafting.
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 600 for one night in a Balcony and Mountain Room, for one person (double occupancy)