Phrases such as ‘hilltop hideaway’, ‘temple of well-being’ and ‘secret refuge’ should help you begin to paint a picture of La Réserve Ramatuelle.
Minutes away from the town of Saint-Tropez, La Réserve Ramatuelle sits on a hillside overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The focus here is on health, relaxation and pampering of body and mind, and if that sounds good to you, then look no further when considering where to stay on the French Riviera.
With only 28 rooms and 12 private villas, La Réserve Ramatuelle is small enough to create the atmosphere of an intimate retreat, despite being a stone’s throw from one of France’s most popular and exciting resorts. Each room has a private terrace or garden, facing south and filled with sun. Inside the sleek, streamlined 1970s buildings are subtle, muted colour schemes, linen drapes and soft woven rugs.
The villas each have a private pool and garden, and range from four to six bedrooms.
The hotel’s enormous La Réserve Ramatuelle Spa is its signature feature, and contains 11 treatment rooms, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a fitness studio, and signature treatments aimed at slimming, relaxing and beautifying.
In the La Réserve Ramatuelle restaurant, light and healthy eating reigns, and fats are banned. Don’t be alarmed, however, you are on holiday and you are allowed to enjoy yourself; dishes are minutely designed to ensure maximum flavour for minimum calorific content.
La Réserve Ramatuelle has been given Palace status by the French Tourism Authority, rating it as above five-star, and placing it in an elite category of just a handful of French hotels. Others include Le Royal Monceau and Le Bristol in Paris and Byblos Spirit, also in the Saint-Tropez area.
La Réserve Ramatuelle Information
- Location:St Tropez, 1 hour 30 min drive from Nice Airport.
- Accommodation: 9 rooms, 19 suites & 12 villas
- Facilities: Restaurants, bar, swimming pool, fitness room, Steam bath and Solarium.
- Activities: Massage, facial and body treatments, jogging tour, explore Cote d’Azur region.
- Weather: Very mild weather with a lot of sunshine throughout the whole year. During the summer months from June to August, temperatures peak at 30 °C. Spring and autumn become cooler, averaging about 20 °C. During the winter season, temperatures dip to about 15 °C.
- Children: Welcome.