La Maison Bleue is a traditional Moroccan residence perched on a hillside overlooking the ancient medina in Fez. This century-old riad hotel in Morocco was built by a prominent judge and astrologer. Still owned by the same Fassi family, the serene and elegant hotel will appeal to those looking for a romantic, luxury escape with warm hospitality and personalised service.
This magnificent Moorish riad features elaborate architecture with walls adorned with intricate mosaic tiling, elaborately carved wooden doors and ceilings, and antique stained-glass windows.
Five beautifully designed and palatial suites are filled with Moroccan artifacts, and feature four-poster beds and all-modern amenities.
La Maison Bleue is home to one of the most renowned restaurants in Fez that serves the finest Moroccan cuisine. Start your day with a sumptuous breakfast in the courtyard and end it with a banquet of delights in a candlelit salon. The hotel also has a superb cookery school situated at its sister property, Riad Maison Bleue.
Browse the fabulous collection of books in the library, admire the views from the roof terrace, or enjoy a rejuvenating treatment at the hammam at their sister hotel, where the swimming pool, spa and fitness room are also located.
The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring the Medina. It’s worth arranging a guided visit around souks and historical attractions. Excursions further afield include visiting the hot springs at Moulay Yacoub, touring a boutique winery near Meknes or taking a trip to the ancient Roman city of Volubilis.
La Maison Bleue Information
- Accommodation:5 luxurious suites.
- Location:3 and a half hour drive from Mohammed V International Airport. Located in the centre of Fez.
- Facilities:Restaurant and bar, hamman spa (in sister property, Riad Maison Bleue),panoramic terraces, library, fitness room.
- Activities:Cooking classes, beauty treatments, golf, cultural tours.
- Weather:April – June is the best time to go, as well as September and October. July and August are very hot (can be over 100 degrees!) and from November to February there is a high chance of rain.
- Children:Children welcome but no specific activities.