The southerly flowing Kwando river disappears into the vast marshland before emerging as the Linyanti river. The triangle formed by this vast wetland is home to the Mamili National Park in Namibia. This special ecosystem is home to a wide variety of Africa’s plains game such as zebra, wildebeest, impala, giraffe and tsessebe and also provides refuge to lechwe, waterbuck and the shy sitatunga.
The camp itself is comprised of eight custom-designed tents, with unique mosquito net walls, allowing an unobstructed flow of cooling breezes and stunning views. Each spacious tent has its own viewing deck, bathroom and luxurious double outside showers.
Lebala has 22 staff members to cater to guests. The camp balances understated elegance with untamed Africa to perfection.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Linyanti into a greater Botswana holiday. Take a look at From Beach to Safari as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Kwando Lebala Camp Information
- Location: Linyanti Marshes
- Accommodation: 8 tents accommodating up to 16 guests, including a family unit
- Facilities: Swimming pool
- Activities: Day and night game drives, walking (sometimes limited due to large elephant population)
- Weather: Best to go during the high season months from May to September
- Children: Welcome