Okavango Delta, Botswana
Kwando Kwara Camp is set overlooking a secluded lagoon in the northern Okavango Delta. This region offers a contrasting experience, as its location allows access to the permanent waterways of the Delta as well as expansive dry land areas, admired for their quality game viewing.
Kwara accommodates a maximum of 16 guests in eight traditionally styled tents on raised decks, each offering superb views of the lagoon. Towering African ebony and mangosteen trees ensure that the camp is always cool while the hundreds of birds add to the feeling of serenity in one of the Okavango’s best kept secrets.
Kwara offers, within the exclusive concession in which it is located, a wide variety of activities. In addition to game drives, both day and night, the camp offers game walks and mokoro trips, as well as power boating and fishing (spinning equipment is provided but fly fisherman need to bring their own equipment).
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Okavango Delta into a greater Botswana holiday. Take a look at Wild Bush Luxury as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Kwando Kwara Camp Information
- Location: Okavango Delta
- Accommodation: 8 tents accommodating up to 16 guests
- Facilities: Swimming pool, Curio shop, Bar
- Activities: Day and night game drives, walking, mokoro (dug out canoe) trips, power boating and fishing
- Weather: Best to go during the high season months from May to September
- Children: Children age 6 years old and above are welcome