A luxurious villa perched on a hillside in the lush tropical jungle of southern Sri Lanka in a peacefully exclusive location. Kumara is set in over 2 acres of landscape gardens and is an oasis in the jungle with the luxuries of modern design.
Comparable to a tropical Eden, the villa is slightly elevated allowing you to enjoy the cooler breeze of the Ocean, as well as gazing through the surrounding coconut palms. The surfing area is at Welligama, only a 5 minute tuk tuk ride away and is well worth the visit as one of the best areas for both beginners wanting surf lessons and the pros. There is also the opportunity for whale-watching – a great activity for the children.
Consisting of three main pavilions and sleeping 4 adults and 2 children, the two king-size bedroom pavilions are set in their own walled gardens with indoor and outdoor bathing facilities and large private terraces. The main living pavilion, with its bi-fold doors and windows, opens onto the stunning landscaped garden and beyond, onto the large decked pool area with its tropical pergola; perfect for watching local wildlife in the early mornings and afternoons.
The house staff include a cook who is able to prepare delicious local cuisine, as well as cleaning staff and gardeners.
- Location: Welligama, 5min by tuktuk to surf break, 40min to historic Galle, 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accomodation: 2 rooms (Sleeps 4)
- Staff: Chef, room boy, house girl, gardener/pool attendant, security
- Facilities: Infinity pool, pool-side pagalo, sun loungers
- Activities: Surfing, whale watching
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome